NVidia driver errors are rare, but they do exist. If the display no longer works properly and errors occur in games or Windows, this is often due to a faulty driver. You can regain control of the situation with the following approaches. The problem with NVidia driver error is that it gives rise to many more errors. If you are using NVidia GeForce Experience, then the issue with NVidia driver will result in GeForce error code 0x0003 and 0x0001. These errors appear due to other reasons as well, but driver error also causes the problem to surface. So, you need to make sure that the driver is in a working state for the entire system to work smoothly.
If the NVidia driver error occurs after an NVidia or Windows update, it can help to replace the new driver with the previous one. To do this, follow these three steps:
NVidia driver error – activate the old driver
- Type “Device Manager” into the Windows search and open it. You will now find your NVidia graphics card under the “Graphics Cards” category. Right-click on it and choose “Update Driver Software”.
- Once done, you will have to select “Browse my computer for driver software” followed by clicking the option labeled as “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- Select the previously installed graphics driver and confirm the installation with “Next”.
The NVidia driver error should now be fixed. If not, you should completely reinstall the driver.
Fix driver errors by reinstalling
To install the driver in a clean and complete way, you need the free Display Driver Uninstaller tool. After installing it, do the following:
- Start Display Driver Uninstaller and confirm the restart of the PC in safe mode with “Yes”. Your PC will now restart.
- After logging into Windows, click on “Clean and restart” in the DDU. The tool will now find and remove all driver data for your graphics card from the system. Then the system will restart again.
- Now install the new graphics card driver.
With the installation of a new graphics card driver, you will find that the driver error has disappeared for good. Also, the different errors that mushroomed on the screen will vanquish because the driver is working properly. You should follow the same steps in case you are dealing with NVidia GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 or 0x0001 because most often than not, the error is caused by corrupt drivers only.