Minecraft is a sandbox game released in 2011 and is still getting a good response from the gamers. It is believed to be the best selling and all-time favorite game with more than millions of copies sold. However, there are instances when you try to use this game but come across certain issues and errors. In this post, we will let you know the steps to fix most of the issues encountered in it.
How to fix Minecraft not responding issue?
Before starting with the troubleshooting steps, you must restart the computer. Sometimes, restarting the windows OS solves certain common issues.
Try updating Java:
If the Java version is outdated, then the issue may occur. To update the Java version, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to ‘Properties’ by right click on the PC screen.
- From the system, go to the ‘OS installed version’ under ‘My computer’.
- Download the latest version of Java from the website and extract the files.
- Open the folder and copy the file version you see.
- Press ‘Windows+E’ to open Windows Explorer and go to the defined path for Java program files.
- Paste the latest file you copied recently from the downloaded folder. Check if the problem has been resolved or not.
Ensure the latest version of Windows OS in your computer: Sometimes, the problem of Minecraft not responding occurs if there is an outdated version of Windows OS installed on your computer. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of windows on your computer. If there is a need to update the windows, then go to ‘Update’ from the dialog box opened on the screen and check for updates. The computer will automatically fetch updates if available for your computer. Don’t forget to restart after the installation gets completed.
Run Minecraft as an administrator:
Try running the game as an administrator and check if the problem is resolved or not.
- Go to ‘Execute files’ and click on ‘Properties’.
- Tap ‘Compatibility’ from the top of the page and check if the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ appears or not.
- Tap ‘Apply’ to save the changes before clicking ‘Exit’ from the bottom.
Check if the problem still occurs or not. If yes, then go to the next step.
Disable the mods:
You may or may not know that mods are popular in Minecraft which players can install. This is used to enhance the way of playing the game but it may sometimes affect the processing. Try to disable the mod and check if the problem has been resolved or not. If the issue still occurs, then update the drivers.
Updating Graphics drivers:
- Open command windows and enter devmgmt.msc through the keyboard.
- From the device manager, go to ‘Display adapters’ and right-click on it to check the properties and its hardware functionality.
- Check if the ‘Update driver’ option is available or not.
- Let the windows update the drivers on their own and then restart the computer.
Reinstall Minecraft: If you still find the same problem with the Minecraft, then it is recommended to uninstall the Minecraft and re-install it.
- Go to the ‘Application folder’ and select ‘App data’. Enter %Minecraft and click ‘Ok’.
- Drag the folder to the trash folder to delete it. This will uninstall the Minecraft.
Get in touch with through by visiting our website
If you are still facing the problem, then it is good to contact the experts who are well experienced and proficient in this field.